[scribus] DockWidgets and Workspaces

Keith Abraham kabraham at gmx.com
Sat Aug 28 13:04:38 CEST 2010

I'm using Debian sid and python 2.6 with qt 4.7.3

Lat night I tried the scripts on both scribus 1.3.3.14 and 1.3.8. Both
failed.

1.3.3.14 crashed with the following report:

Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/scribus.png: File not found
Scribus Crash
-------------
Scribus crashes due to Signal #11
Calling Emergency Save
Segmentation fault

I know little about python so I can't find anything in the scripts which
looks for scribus.png (anyway this icon is normally called scribus_logo.png)

1.3.8 docked a window OK but seemed to be locked in a loop with the

(4361) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from
"/var/tmp/kdecache-keith/ksycoca4"

Probably a combination of KDE and qt4.7.3?

I hope this is of some use to this excellent project.

Keith