[scribus] I install Scribus in Ubuntu; it's insensitive to the keyboard.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Aug 29 22:01:50 CEST 2010

hi joe

> On 08/29/2010 11:58 AM, Erik Nelson wrote:
> > I was able to use the insertion tool
> > to place the cursor into the text box, and then I try to type and
> > nothing happens. Anyone have any clues what's going on here?
>
> Right-click, select Edit Text and bring up the Story Editor.  There
> was a time you could edit text directly, but I don't think it works
> anymore. In any event, the Story Editor is far, far more convenient.

what?

no no, it's the contrary: editing in the frame is getting better and
better and the story editor, in it's current form, will have to be
replaced.

but if erik is indeed working with the stable version of scribus, using
the story editor may be a good idea.

i guess that erik's problem is probably related to the use of a "wrong"
font...

it's a pity that i don't have 1.3.3.14 installed and can't give any
more exact guide...

ciao
a.l.e