[scribus] (Fwd) Column guides

Margaret and George McIntosh tenbear at myfairpoint.net
Tue Aug 31 16:18:14 CEST 2010

I posted this a week ago and so far no one has replied.

Does anyone care about this behavior?
From:           	Margaret and George McIntosh <tenbear at myfairpoint.net>
Subject:        	Column guides
Date sent:      	Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:33:17 -0400

I posted a question about this a few weeks ago and now I have some
more info.

When I place column guides referenced to the margins on a master page
it looks
good. I save the document and close Scribus. The next time I open the
document the
column guides are referenced to the page, even though Page>Manage
Guides
indicates they are referenced to the margins. If I now step through
the pages to the
last page and back again the guides are now correct. Simply scrolling
through the
pages doesn't correct the guides. I can also go into Page>Manage
Guides, change the
Refer To to Page and back to Margins and the guides are correct.

It seems to me that this is a bug, but maybe I am doing something
wrong. Any
suggestions?

Scribus 1.3.8
Windows 7 x64