[scribus] checksum for scribus-1.3.9-win32-install.exe ?

PeterS for001 at t-online.de
Fri Dec 10 02:33:33 CET 2010

> or maybe just not your day for reading answers:
>
> 1. there are no windows checksums at this time
> 2. he's looking into it
>
> Greg

Thanks for your kind answer ;-)
Nah, no major problems here with reading comprehension...

As for #1, I mentioned that

> Well, Christoph Schäfer already said,
>> Somehow the checksums for the Windows installer and the
>> DMG have been forgotten this time.

and, regarding #2, since Peter had written,

> As for the Windows binaries, I think there is some mechanism in the NSIS
> installer which can detect tampering, but I need to look into this further.

 I kindly asked (not knowing if this "mechanism in the NSIS installer which
can detect tampering" was relating to the checksum),

> Is there any chance that the checksum for scribus-1.3.9-win32-install.exe
> will be added here: http://www.scribus.net/node/233 ?
> If so, I'll wait, otherwise I'll start scribus-1.3.9-win32-install.exe without doing
> the verification, but I always prefer doing the verification whenever the checksums
> are available. Thanks to all who tried to provide help.

If any of this came across as being impolite, I do apologize and would like you to
bear in mind that English is not my mother tongue ;-)
BTW, in the meantime I have installed scribus-1.3.9-win32, looking forward
to using this great piece of software.