[scribus] Windows versions.

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Dec 14 21:49:51 CET 2010

> Where I work, for reasons which remain obscure but probably give
> evidence for the presence of Neanderthal genes in the population, XP is
> still the OS of our hospital's system, and not only that, but you must
> use IE6 and a severely outdated Java to fully access information that I
> need.

It is probably a matter of quality assurance. For critical systems you
must have a validated and verified system. Making any change to such a
system means the validation and verification must be re-done, and it
can be a matter of thousands of man-hours.

I work with testing of medical equipment and I know plenty of medical
systems that are still running Win2k or even NT 3.5 due to this.

/Peter