[scribus] to whomever can help

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 17:38:13 CET 2010

On 02/16/2010 11:07 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi astramaria,
>> Hi/. iv'e a Mac mini intel 2 duo core. i have installed scribus 1.3.5
>> but it does not recognize ghostscript. i always get a window at
>> startup saying the following programs are missing and i won't be able
>> to use eps images or print preview.they are in the same folder.I am
>> not a developer and do not know what to do, please heeeeeeeelp. i am
>> using scribus 1.3.
> do you need eps images or the print preview?
>
> if not, you may safely ignore that alert.
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Category:FAQ#Mac_OS_X

If you do need it, the trick seems to be knowing/finding where you
ghostscript is. Apple just wants to put things and not have you
understand where they are. Normally, once you know where they are, then
you can use File > Preferences > External Tools. You will have to
restart Scribus for it to take effect.

If you have ghostscript you might as well have it functional. It also is
used for creating barcodes.

Greg