[scribus] Problems with ODT Import

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jan 25 02:39:56 CET 2010

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:15:44 -0500 (EST)
jwminer at accessvt.com dijo:

>John J. J. wrote:
>> Until your message I had never heard of Softmaker or their Office
>> suite. I went to their web page and was struck by the almost
>> complete
>> lack of mention of OOo. I also couldn't find much detail about
>> features.
>
>You probably didn't look far enough. For the Linux version
>(SoftMaker Office 2008) see http://softmaker.com/english/ofl_en.htm
>. Follow the links for TextMaker, PlanMaker, and Presentations down
>the page.
>
>SoftMaker claims that OpenOffice compatibility is much improved in
>SoftMaker Office 2010. At this time it's just for Windows, but a
>Linux version is forthcoming and is now in its first nonpublic beta
>(anyone can sign up to beta test). I have the Windows version of
>2010 and Linux 2008 but I don't deal much with compatibility so I
>have no opinion or results to report.

Thanks for the location of the details.

Now that I have more information I see that there is no macro recorder.
Like you, I don't need to deal with compatibility much, but lack of a
macro recorder is a deal killer.

I am very surprised that I had never heard of Softmaker before.