[scribus] Message on downloading

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 15:11:47 CET 2010

On 01/28/2010 08:35 AM, JRPoulter wrote:
> Submitted on 01/28/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>     Your contact information:
>       Name: JRPoulter
>       Email Address: thinkincau at yahoo.com
>     About your Scribus program:
>       Version: 1.3.5
>       Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>       Build Date:
>     Your operating system and CPU:
>       Type: MacOS X
>       Version: MacOS X Leopard
>       CPU type: Other/Don't know
>     Your request content:
>       Subject: Message on downloading
>       Message:
> Hi
> Whilst downloading SCRIBUS a message came up that  said "The
> following programs are missing: Ghostscript: You cannot use EPS
> images or Print Preview"  .
> Not being  very knowledgable with technical things [sigh] I don't know
> what EPD is but Print Preview is something I would need most certainly.
> Many thanks for your help in being able to use what looks like a great
> program in
> SCRIBUS. [I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8
> Jennifer

You may have ghostscript already, and perhaps the problem is finding it.
Go to File > Preferences > External Tools, where you can search for the
gs binary. You would need to restart Scribus for this to subsequently work.

You might also check the list archives for this same topic (hopefully
with a more helpful Subject line -- hint, hint). There is some
trickiness, iirc, in regard to Macs getting and finding gs.

Greg