[scribus] Style and story editor

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Mon Jul 19 14:07:32 CEST 2010

Hi - I've been trying to make a simple document with Scribus and I have some
questions.

Firstly, I've hit a nasty bug where the style window disappears with focus-
follows-mouse and the story editor remains greyed out (bug #9289).

1. So, why is the style editor a modal dialog box. Can't it be a non modal
window? This should cure the bug above at least and make the program be much
more usable.

2. Why can't you get to the style dialog from the main window? Or can you?

3. Why when you import text does it get "No style". How can you set the
style when importing? Is there a set style on everything in the Story
Editor?

4. How do you get the last line of a paragraph to get a ragged right if
you're using justification? I get far too much space between the words if I
enable justification.

I also see if you set the style for a paragraph in the story editor, the
"Update Text Frame" button remains greyed out. You have to edit text to get
it to be clickable.

Thanks

Jeremy