[scribus] MS Publisher

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Thu Jul 22 20:42:52 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, July 21, 2010 08:50:53 pm John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:37:43 +0930
>
> "Ray" <risely at tadaust.org.au> dijo:
> >OK, Page Plus is not free, but the time taken to produce good pages,
> >costs money too.
>
> Can PagePlus import Publisher files? If so, is it cheaper than
> Publisher? Is there a Linux version?
For years nothing has been able to open Publisher files except
Publisher. As pointed even some versions of Publisher cannot open older
versions of publisher, especially wordart from my experience. I moved to
Scribus in early 2001(?) and have not regretted it. I also use open
office writer to produce a better looking newsletter that I was able to
produce with publisher.

I switched to Linux in 2000 and have not paid for any software since,
nothing can be cheaper.