[scribus] Scribus and digitial accessibility

Armony ALTINIER 聂和美 aaltinier at april.org
Tue Jun 1 22:50:11 CEST 2010

Thanks a lot a.l.e for your answer.

exactly defining wich tags you whish and how they may be added into the
> scribus UI would drammatically improve the chances to see it implemented
> into scribus.

I am going to ask the question to my working group and come back to give you
the precised list of tags.

I already can tell you that we will need tags to define different level of
headings, tags to give a text alternative to images and a way of defining
the order of elements to make them read in a logical order by the assistive
technologies.

But I will be clearer in my next email.

finding some foundings for implementing it would make sure that it gets
> implemented :-)

Arf, I send you money as soon as I get rich (I hope you're patient :-P). I
cannot give you money, but I probably can help in a way or another, by
sharing my expertise about digital accessibility for example, in order to
improve Scribus and make it accessible to everyone ;-)

Cheers,
Armony

   *Armony ALTINIER 聶和美*
Directrice d'ACS Horizons
Consultante Chine et accessibilité du Web
 ACS Horizons - Le meilleur de la Chine et du Web : conseil, création,
formation

*Bureau :* +33 (0) 178 178 855
*Mobile :* +33 (0) 668 897 751
*Fax :* +33 (0) 170 248 941