[scribus] how to export two A4 pages for printing A5 folder?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Jun 13 12:01:10 CEST 2010

hall frank,

> For a four-sided A5 folder, I've def'ed a four-page document, page
> size A5, document layout 2-up (German: "Doppelseite").
>
> However, in the PDF options I desperately searched for a way to
> export pages 4/1 and 2/3 of the document together to one of two A4
> pages pages. Could anyone out there just advise me of the appropriate
> FAQ, please?

scribus does not do it himself.
(and the layout is only a settings for the display on screen)

you have to use an imposition software for it:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Category:HOWTO#Imposition

> ps: I'm currently working with Scribus 1.3.6svn build of 27 Oct. 09
> (German) on Kubuntu Lucid

you may add the scribus own debian / ubuntu repositories and get the newest unstable release...
http://www.scribus.net/?q=debian

ciao
a.l.e