[scribus] Scribus 1.3.7 Released spell check support under windows.

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 18:00:21 CEST 2010

mrdocs wrote:
> On 6/3/10 10:23 PM, mrdocs wrote:

>  The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.3.7.
>  This new release brings us closer to version the next stable release 1.4.
>
>  During this development period the team focused on stabilty and correctness.
>
>  Almost 50 bugs have been resolved since the release of 1.3.6. In addition,
>  Scribus 1.3.7 provides some minor enhancements:
>
>  * New Scripter functions
>  * Usability improvements
>  * Translation updates
>  * Updates to the documentation
>  * PDF bookmark export fixes
>  * Text layout fixes
>
>  The Scribus Team considers this version to be quite stable and ready for
>  many real-world use cases. However, since there are still some
>  annoyances that prevent us from releasing version 1.4, more cautious
>  users may want to prefer to stick with the officially stable version
>  1.3.3.14.

Hi folks,

Is three any more progress towards spell checking under windows in the
Scribus development releases ?  I had the impression that this was
fairly imminent with no technical barrier a year or so ago, just a
matter of including aspell.h and shiiping the library with the windows
distribution. But no mention or sign of implementation since ?

It would be very useful for some of us !

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy