[scribus] It says I don't have Ghostscript

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Mar 26 16:00:36 CET 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010 23:06:43 Frank Anderson wrote:
> Submitted on 03/26/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Your contact information:
>      Name: Frank Anderson
>      Email Address: zanazaz at yahoo.com
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.14svn
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Windows
>      Version: Vista
>      CPU type: Other/Don't know
>    Your request content:
>      Subject: It says I don't have Ghostscript
>      Message:
> I downloaded, but I wasn't sure which directory I should put it in.  I
> tried a couple of different things, but it still says I can't use EPS
> Images, or the PostScript Print Preview.  Are these absolutely
> necessary?  Can I print the PDFs I make without these functions?  Can I
> upload them to Lulu etc?
>
> Should I start over and delete everything, and download it again?  I'm
> usually fairly computer savy but this is stumping me.  I've been trying
> for hours.  I can actually use Scribus, but I want to make sure I can
> take it to a print/copy shop and have things printed and looking good.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank
>

> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/373

I only use Lulu for review copies. For production I suggest LSI (with 20%
discount) or Createspace (mandatory 40% discount). With either one you have
a better chance of selling books, compared to Lulu.  Lulu's prices are too
high. That "free" setup gets absorbed in a hurry.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"