[scribus] Import text and images

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 18:07:10 CEST 2010

On 03/31/2010 10:13 AM, Ruben Javier Casado wrote:
> Hi.
> I´m new in Scribus. I´ve been using Quarkexpress for a while but it doesn´t
> complete my needs.
> Basically, what I need to do is import text and images from a file (txt,
> xml, etc…)
> I don´t need the images to be in specific places. I need to import some
> text, and then an image (same width as column), then text again, and another
> image…

Hi Javier,

It's worth looking at the InfoBox built-in script to see if it meets
your needs.

While you may not wish to specifically place your frame, it nonetheless
allows you to specify a position, a height, and you can even preselect
an image if you want -- if you do the image will be adjusted to frame size.

The script will create a frame which is exactly the width of the
column(s) (it can span columns, and will span the frame if you only have
one column), after which you can easily adjust the height and Y-Pos with
the Properties palette.

For what you describe, it should be quite useful.

Check the Script > About Script info on it for more information.

The script was broken for a bit, but should now be fixed for up-to-date
1.3.3.x and 1.3.6 versions.

Greg