[scribus] File format changes between 1.3.5 and 1.3.6?

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Thu May 13 05:41:56 CEST 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> On 05/12/2010 01:00 PM, Andrew A. Gill wrote:
>>
>>  Will 1.3.3.14 work with Qt4?
>>
> I have no personal experience with Gentoo, but certainly in Fedora, Qt3 can
> coexist with Qt4. Scribus 1.3.3.x is not unique in its need for the older Qt.

Gentoo no longer offers qt3.  It does offer the qt-qt3support
package, but CMake gives me

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:234 (MESSAGE):
   No Qt3

The only two packages that I have that require qt3 are scribus
and openoffice (which requires the qt-qt3support package but
not qt3).

If I install another instance of Qt3, that could give me problems
with openoffice, which means that I may have to install a version
of openoffice that is not supported by Gentoo.

So if I want to keep using the stable version of Scribus, I'll
have to find source tarballs for the following:

qt3
openoffice
scribus

And possibly a few others that I might need for qt3 which may (or
may not) work well with multiple instances of the same libraries.

And then I have to remember to make sure that everything is
installed in the nonstandard locations that Gentoo uses so that I
don't wind up with duplicate libraries when I go back to using
the packaged versions.

**To reiterate**: Has the file format changed between 1.3.5 and
1.3.6?  If there has been no change, it should not impair
collaboration, since I am doing the design, and the main reason
for others to use Scribus is to check on the progress before I'm
ready to start giving proofs.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |