[scribus] Scribus workshop in london – tutor needed

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Nov 10 20:36:33 CET 2010

hi

> I'm a Communication Art and Design student at the Royal College of
> Art in London and I'm trying to organise a Scribus workshop to
> introduce graphic design students to the wonders of open source
> software.
>
> For this, I'm looking for someone with professional experience in
> Scribus to give us an introduction to the software. The workshop
> would take place at the RCA from the 26 November to the 3 December. I
> don't have a budget for this, but would be happy to collect
> contributions from the workshops participants to cover expenses.

it won't be easy...

but, depending on the goal of your workshop you may try to contact Open Source Publishing in Brussels

http://ospublish.constantvzw.org/

or somebody from the Piet Zwart Institute in Rotterdam

http://pzwart.wdka.nl/home/

if I can give you a suggestion: look for somebody with a solid education in graphic design and with some experience with workshops... and who knows scribus, if possible.

i just did a book workshop with 10 young artist over the last week and it's a hard task to break the comfortable habits a graphic designer has built with his software of choice (if he has ever choose it...).

good luck!
a.l.e