[scribus] Font oddities

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 08:48:34 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:18:21 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> dijo:

>On 11/20/2010 10:07 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>>
>> They are also singularly hideous.
>>
>> I went into Preferences>  Fonts and unchecked them all so Scribus
>> will not use them.

> Yes, it looks like Scribus doesn't render them properly, and they
> are not rendered properly on PDF export or when printing to a PS file.

One odd thing is that all I have are .pfa files for these fonts. I
thought Type 1 fonts came with a .pfb file (outlines) and a .pfm file
(metrics). I don't know what a .pfa file is. I could Google on it, but
it's late and I need to go to bed.

Another odd thing is why suddenly Scribus is picking them up, and no
other application on my computer sees them.