[scribus] Fwd: editing master page & display of page #

Jerry Halberstadt subscriber at newtechpub.com
Mon Nov 22 19:11:15 CET 2010

Reposted to add working environment (sorry!):
Scribus 1.3.3.14
Win XO sp 3

I can create and edit a master page. But I can't leave the master page
to see the effect on a regular page, i.e., there is no command I have
found that allows me to go from the master page back to the regular
page.  The workaround I use is to save; exit the file; reopen the file.
Needless to say, this is not fun when I am trying to adjust something
and check the results.

The specific problem--I have page number set in the lower right of the
right-hand pages, and can only see the leftmost digit, i.e., the number
33 displays as "3". Trying to figure out the tabs etc. to correct.

It isn't the tabs! Now displaying as ## rather than, e.g., 23

And applying master page to odd pages actually goes onto even pages.

Jerry Halberstadt