[scribus] Importing text from Word (XL) to Scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 17:51:52 CET 2010

On 11/28/2010 11:19 AM, LORN MACINTYRE wrote:
> Dear Greg,
> I have created a text frame and imported text. The only loss importing
> it from Word is the justification. When I go into Story Editor, the
> original line layout in terms of page size is lost and the lines become
> twice the length. How do I cope with this? Or is it better, with 20
> chapters of text to edit, to remain in the text frame and edit from
> there? Presumably I can still justify the text and have access to
> facilities such as kerning?

This is what I was alluding to. From Word files, you are just importing
the text, so you need to do your formatting in Scribus.

You have some reading to do, all available on the wiki, about text
frames, the Story Editor, Paragraph Styles, and other things that will
help you do what you want.

The Story Editor is not designed to show your text as it will appear in
the frame on the page, even though you can apply various settings there.

Greg