[scribus] Spaces between words

L Macintyre lorn.macintyre at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 28 20:04:54 CET 2010

I have imported a Word file successfully into a Scribus text frame, but the
justification disappears on the right hand side. If I restore it through the
Properties file I am left with large gaps between words in the last lines of
paragraphs, where there are not sufficient words to achieve double
justification. The last line may only have eight words in it, yet they are
stretched across the double justification. How do I correct this?

My main use of Scribus will be to edit a 20 chapter novel imported from Word.
Has anyone a list of steps or general guidance to offer me?

Grateful thanks from snowy Scotland.