[scribus] Scribus logo

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Fri Oct 1 11:02:09 CEST 2010

Am 29.09.2010 18:06, schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:16:22 +0200
> Rolf-Werner Eilert<eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>  dijo:
>
>> Following your discussion, I was very surprised about this
>> possibility. The only thing I might miss is a way to use two-screen
>> display (monitor/beamer) to be able to click into a certain page while
>> the presentation is running. Do you know if Adobe Reader for instance
>> offers this way?
>
> Yes it does. You can have thumbnails of the pages in one narrow panel
> with the main panel holding the slide. However, I'm not sure if the
> thumbnail panel remains visible to the audience. Okular can display
> thumbnails too but, again, I am not sure if they are still visible to
> the audience.

Yep, that's what I thought :-) As long as I (as the speaker) control the
computer and switch through the pages, I can stick to the concept and do
not have to skip or jump back.

In our church I have seen that they use two-screen presentations for
example for the songtexts or the preacher. Some guy sits somewhere with
a laptop and has a screen with thumbnails, the beamer shows the selected
page. Whenever there are sudden decisions (e. g. the band decides to
sing part 2 again or the preacher says "would you show that picture
again..."), it's just a mouseclick to hit it.

As far as I know those guys, they'll know nearly nothing about
OpenSource or anything from the Linux world, so their solution will be
based on Windows and that means Powerpoint. But I had this hope that at
least Adobe Reader under Windows has the capability to support two screens.

Rolf