[scribus] Imposition

Keith Abraham kabraham at gmx.com
Mon Oct 4 12:47:10 CEST 2010

> My son, working with InDesign (not an amateur program in my opinion)
> tells me that it has imposition.
>
> But I agree that I am an amateur in many ways, who uses Bookbinder for
> the job. And so many with me, using scribus are amateurs. They want to
> make something nice that isn't possible with for instance OpenOffice.org.
>
> Joop

My apologies Joop. It was not my intention to be condescending. It's
just that all the people I know who have needed imposition have been
those who print the occasional booklet on their home printer.

AFAIK Indesign has a plugin for imposition which has to be purchased
separately so I suppose one could infer from that that even Adobe
doesn't think imposition is a necessary function.

But it does raise the question that as plugins are a such convenient way
of adding functionality to an application perhaps it's something that
should be built into Scribus. A future version perhaps?

Keith