[scribus] Imposition

Tom Lechner lechner at aceweb.com
Tue Oct 5 05:47:49 CEST 2010

I've been working on implementing signature based impositions in my
program Laidout. Its signature editor is in the spirit of Celso
Junior's Easypose graphical editor, in that you fold right on screen.
No fore-edge printing yet, though!

I hope to have version .091 out in a few weeks, and it should be able
to import, reimpose, and export Scribus files without major
difficulties (unlike the current version). This can be done
graphically, or from the command line if desired, thus it can be used
from a script within Scribus. Whether it will actually do this without
major difficulties, I don't know. That'll require lots of testing by
people who are not me.

As an avid do-it-yourselfer, being able to do complicated (or even
simple) impositioning at home is essential. Many people want to make
little booklets, or mockups of actual books before sending off to a
more heavy duty printer.

You can see a preview of the signature editor here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrSg5VzWxkM

Tom Lechner
http://www.laidout.org
http://www.laidout.org/scribus