[scribus] Index for large book

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Oct 5 11:34:45 CEST 2010

Le 04/10/2010 20:40, Craig Bradney a écrit :

> Ok, so thinking about that, how would we do it in Scribus, and cut out
> all the manual work (apart from the "conceptual" index entries...?

> Tell us how to make this work and we can do it..

> thanks
> Craig

First and more probably easily :
Part of the job could be semi-automated
in tweaking an option into the export text scribus function,
so as to insert a user-defined string
in place of each page break.
That would easyen the job of exporting to a tex or ooo indexing tool.

Then, in a more full-featured and complex way, so as Scribus to be selfreliant :
scribus would require to enable to define and place index strings in places required,
maybe using a set of special styles (would be invisible)...
or rather : in typing these index in "post it" miniframes (a bit as comments
in a pdf doc, or html titles hint bubbles on links)

http://www.pdfindexgenerator.com demo VDO suggests however
that some indexes require hierarchical structure.
Not mine.

JLuc