[scribus] Scribus Help

Julia help at scribus.info
Thu Oct 7 20:32:02 CEST 2010

Submitted on 10/07/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Julia
   Email Address: jorlando44 at gmail.com
   Subject: Scribus Help
   Message:
I am looking for a program that I can use to help me create a catalog for
print. This catalog in question incorporates both pictures and text. It is a
catalog to give to prospective buyers, so it has pictures/descriptions for
every invetory item. A typical catalog will contain over 600 invetory items.

I have been researching options and a lot of places have pointed me to
Scribus. I have no education with computers, graphic design, or anything of
the sort. I can not find anywhere on the Internet a straightfoward list of
projects Scribus is used for.

In the past, the catalogs have been done using Microsoft Word. As you can
imagine it is always a complete and utter nightmare. There needs to be
something out there, that isn't hundreds of dollars, that can help me.

Can you please tell me what Scribus is and if it is a suitable program for
the project that I need to complete?

Thank You

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: WinXP
     CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/568