[scribus] Scribus Versions

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Mon Oct 18 12:15:52 CEST 2010

Hi All

I would love to get some clarification on the various versions of
Scribus. I see a plethora of version numbers thrown around and even went
onto the Net to see if I could work it out. All I got were MORE version
numbers!!

I see 1.3.x; 1.3.3.13; 1.3.4; 1.3.5; 13.8; 1.4 etc and then various
letters or names after the numbers (ie svn, stable etc). I find this
most confusing!

Can someone sort this all out for me? And explain it in detail. There
seems to be different development tracks.

I currently have 1.3.8 as my main version on Kubuntu 10.04 and I also
have 1.3.3.13(stable) on my Mint 9 KDE Box but I see the formats between
these two are not common!! On that subject can I convert a 1.3.8 file
back to the 1.3.3.13 format?

Thanks for the help.
--
*/_Ian "Witty" Whitfield _/*