[scribus] S 1.3.8 install?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Oct 19 20:52:18 CEST 2010

hi lars,

> I have S-1.3.8 as dmg, I have finkcommander, but I don´t understand
> what to do.

you don't need the dmg. just install scribus by using fink commander.

search for scribus and install it as binary (if possible).

> On the other way the S 1.3.5.1 runs ok for a book with 100 pages
> (PDF 1 GB). The only problem I have with it is that scrolling will
> often not move the images but move them together. Then a click makes
> it ok. Sometimes it breaks down, I save every step.
>
> So, is there a reason to install 1.3.8?

well, there are lot of bug fixes...

if you don't have big problems when working with scribus you can stay with 1.3.5...

it's not really difficult to use finkcomander... but it's not the mac way...
just search for scribus and click on the button "install binary" (if available) or on "install sources" and wait for very long.

hth
a.l.e