[scribus] elements of template invisible behind square

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 03:09:10 CEST 2010

On 10/21/2010 09:05 PM, Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> On Thursday 21 October 2010 23:08:00 Bernd Holzum wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to have a background colour for some of the pages of my
>> document. So I draw a rectangle and give it the desired colour. But this
>> rectangle sits above the template elements (like page numbers) and it is
>> impossible to lower the level in the properties dialogue of the rectangle
>> to less than "1". Template elements seem to be on level "0". How to handle
>> this? (Scribus 1.3.5 on OpenSUSE 11, KDE3)
>>
>> Thanks for advice
>> Bernd Holzum
>
> If by "template" you mean "master page" (Musterseite), you cannot move an
> object on regular page behind an object on a regular page in the 1.3.x series.
> This feature has been implemented in the experimental 1.5svn branch, but it
> can't be backported to 1.3.x.
>
> You can, however, try workarounds using the copying of objects and/or pages,
> the Scrapbook (Bibliothek) and layers (Ebenen). Just experiment a bit, and if
> you have further questions, feel free to ask :)

You can (more or less) do anything on a Master Page that you can on a
normal layer. Consider having a family of Master Pages, by copying the
original, then having some with a full-size frame with a background
color on them. This frame can sit behind all other Master Page elements
to not block the view of page numbers and so forth.

Greg