[scribus] Scribus Crashes

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Mon Oct 25 12:42:29 CEST 2010

Craig Bradney píše v Po 25. 10. 2010 v 12:19 +0200:

> On 25/10/2010, at 11:33 AM, "Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:
>
> >> Hi All
> >>
> >> I'm getting a LOT of 'Crashes', (sometimes two or three a day!!),
> with
> >> the new version of Scribus!
> >>
> >> It seems to happen most of the time when I'm editing text that I
> have
> >> 'Cut and Pasted' into a text frame and am working on it in Story
> >> Editor.
> >> The Error is always "SCRIBUS CRASH. Scribus crashes due to Signal
> #6".
> >> When you close this box everything is gone, not your original file
> but
> >> anything you have done since opening the file.
> >>
> >> I'm running Scribus 1.3.8 on Kubuntu 10.04
> >

> > Basically, I think you should apply the rule "never try editing text
> > in Scribus"
> >

> What utter rubbish!! Text should, in general, work fine.
>
> This could be the result of many underlying libraries, hardware issues
> etc, or even the OS. So we would need more details and perhaps the
> document.

I'm seeing a bunch of similar bug reports in Fedora's bugzilla, if I
understand the backtraces correctly. They are captured by an automated
tool, so not always I can get additional information from the reporter.
The list of all reported crashes in Fedora is at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=scribus&short_desc=abrt&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr
Please let me know if they can be useful for you and what else would you
like to see. The common issues in the reports are missing debugging
symbols, no reproducer or even an information about the last actions
before the crash and non-reachable reporter.

Dan