[scribus] Import LatexPDF without rasterizing

Reuben Martin help at scribus.info
Wed Oct 27 02:07:52 CEST 2010

Submitted on 10/27/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: Reuben Martin
   Email Address: reuben.m at gmail.com
   Subject: Import LatexPDF without rasterizing
   Message:
I'm wanting to use Latex in combination with Scribus. I like doing layout,
graphics, titles, etc. with Scribus, but for the main body of articles, I
prefer to use Latex. I've just found it to be quicker to use latex templates,
and the typesetting is just so incredibly solid.

I've tried the TeX frame feature, but it always rasterizes the output. I
would rather have the text be actual text that can be searched and
copy-pasted when using a PDF viewer. I can import a vector frame from the PS
output from Latex, but that is just converted to vector shapes. (And if I
wanted vector shapes I would use the SVG output that the latest version of
TeX offers)

Would you consider making it possible to import the text data from PDF files
created by Latex to a frame, while retaining the text data and typesetting
layout? Scribus wouldn't have to support editing the text or manipulating the
layout in any way, the only thing it would need to be able to do is position
the frame, and possibly manipulate the text color for the sake of color
management.

Is something like that feasible?

-Reuben

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.7svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Compiled
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Linux
     Version: Gentoo-1.3.8
     CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/579