[scribus] Scribus Crashes

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Oct 27 09:22:53 CEST 2010

hi mike

> I sincerely hope the next "stable" release is in fact stable.  I've
> been using 1.3.8 and it crashes due to an "unknown exception" about
> once per day.  (This is not behavior that I'd attribute to a "stable"
> release.)

on my side i've reduced my expectation to "i hope the next
stable release gets released"...

on your side, if your such a heavy user of scribus and indeed
experience too many crashes, you may try to help the
team iron out those issues:

- by trying to figure out the patterns which lead to the crashes,
  reproduce and describe them
- by running scribus inside a debugger and upload the output to the
  bugtracker

this will certainly cost you time and possibly also some money... the
question being: how much worth is a stable scribus to you?

back to my side: scribus does not crash too often... i mean: almost no
data lost in the last few months! but stability is certainly a very
subjective measure!

ciao
a.l.e