[scribus] Black and blacker.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Oct 27 18:11:55 CEST 2010

I am correcting a cover file built by someone else. The author wants a
certain line of white text on black background covered up. No problem
using a rectangle. But to get the rectangle to match in Scribus I need
to use a new color of about 96% K. That makes the rectangle match in
Scribus but unmatch in acrobat reader. A rectangle of pure 100% black
does fine in Acrobat Reader but is noticeably blacker in Scribus.

I am using the latter choice. But only the proof copy will tell for
sure.

The original artist used Photoshop at some point in the process. Who
knows what black she or he used? However it is interesting that a
black background which is jet black in Acrobat Reader shows up as a
very dark gray in Scribus.
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/