[scribus] sla extension

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 18:26:22 CEST 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:13:11 +1100
"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> dijo:

>> I have not tested it but apparently 1.3.5 opens 1.3.3.x files but
>> modifies them - is there a warning when it happens so that users can
>> create a backup copy under 1.3.3.x ?

>Modification is unlikely to occur to the original file unless you
>write to the original file, ie, save it. Save it under a different
>nameto avoid this problem.

Warning! If autosave is not turned off, Scribus will save the file at
however many minutes autosave is set to. Therefore, if you open the
document from the older version in the newer version of Scribus, do a
"save as" immediately.

A safer practice would be to make a copy under a new name using the
file browser for your operating system before you even launch Scribus.
Then you can be sure your original file is untouched and can always be
opened by the earlier version of Scribus.