[scribus] Squiggle

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Oct 29 02:20:53 CEST 2010

While reading the Scribus manual I came across a reference to Squiggle
(bottom of page 270). It says "see the section Squiggle." I searched
the index and the table of contents, but can't find the section
Squiggle.

Nevertheless, Google turned up the home page for batik-squiggle, and
Yumex installed it from the repositories on my Fedora 11 x86_64
computer without a problem, including several dependencies.

Unfortunately, the Yumex installer did not create a launch menu item in
my Gnome desktop, and the web page did not explain how to launch it. I
know it is Java, so it's probably a command like "java -jar
<something>, but I could use a hint.