[scribus] Squiggle

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Oct 29 05:08:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 04:01:15 +0200
Christoph Schäfer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> dijo:

>I have a shell script installed here (by the package manager):
>/usr/bin/squiggle.sh
>
>The jar archive is installed
>under /usr/share/java/batik/batik-squiggle.jar

Getting closer!

I don't understand why Nautilus and the command line could not find
batik-squiggle.jar, because there it is, in /usr/share/java/. Thanks
for helping me find it.

But now I get another error:

[jjj at Devil8 ~]$ cd /usr/share/java/
[jjj at Devil8 java]$ java -jar batik-squiggle.jar
org/apache/batik/swing/svg/SVGDocumentLoaderListener Caused by:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGDocumentLoaderListener at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217) at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321) at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266) at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:334) Could not
find the main class: org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.Main. Program
will exit.

(Sorry about the text wrap in the e-mail.)

All I know about Java is that every time I install a Java app I have to
go through stuff like this to get it to run.

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong?