[scribus] don't want bleed added to pdf

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 23:20:08 CEST 2010

On 10/29/2010 04:56 PM, Tom Connolly wrote:
> All of a sudden my output to PDF adds bleed and creates a larger page size than I call for in Scribus. I have 000 bleeds everywhere I can see that selection, and have used a couple different printers (and I don't know whether the printer selected at the time of creation of a pdf matters or not). How can I change this?

I presume you're using 1.3.7 or higher, since there is no such
possibility in 1.3.3.x. It would help to let us know where and how you
have made setting changes. There is the Pre-Press tab in PDF Export, of
course, and then the PDF section in Preferences/Document Setup, under
Pre-Press. You could potentially make a change in Preferences that would
not apply to the current document but rather future ones. Look under
Document Setup to see the settings for the actual current document.

The other thing is verifying that you do indeed have bleed, as opposed
to a situation in Adobe Reader, where if you let it, it will shrink your
output when it's printed.

Greg