[scribus] Who is going to kill the style dialog ?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Oct 31 02:45:28 CET 2010

On Friday 29 October 2010 22:23:18 Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Currently trying to get something out of 1.3.8 on a Mac.
>
> Are we really going to get out of the mud of this text engine ? out
> of the mud of this style dialog ?
>
> Hey ?!?!
>
> Set type.
>
> Three basic settings...
>
> 1. Type.
>
> 2. Typsesize.
>
> 3. Leading.
>
> Now, where are they ?
>
> Type and typesize on the next tab...
>
> Leading on the first tab...
>
> No compliments. It does not work. It does not make any sense.
>
> Yes, I know. I should know how to code.
>
> Louis, get out of your comfort zone and start coding.
>
> Can we simply get rid of this dialog and have the style created at
> right hand click ? Bug 300 or so by Lyam, back in 2004 or
> something.
>
> Please do us a favor and kill this dialog.
>
> Period.
>
> Louis

Not sure what you are objecting to. I use the story editor and define
styles as needed from the story editor. When one defines a style there
are basically two pages to enter the data for the style. I am used to
it by now.
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/