[scribus] Scribus logo

peter linnell plinnell at scribus.info
Wed Sep 29 12:08:47 CEST 2010

On 9/29/10 7:54 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi john jason,
>

>> But after downloading it I discovered that (evidently) OOo Impress
>> cannot place any vector files. In the Insert Picture menu the only
>> formats listed are raster image formats. But I know I can place vector
>> images in Writer documents, so now I'm off to OOo mailing list to see
>> if there is some library or another missing from my OOo 3.1. It
>> doesn't make any sense that I cannot place vector images in Impress.
>
> you may use scribus to create your presentations...
>
> iirc, it can place vector files.
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

I second this... I've not done a presentation in anything but Scribus
for years.

You can include transition effects etc in PDF.

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=pdfexport4

Seeing my colleagues here struggle with Office/OpenOffice "helpfully"
changing the layout depending on the machine which opens the files.

Once in PDF format the presentation displays exactly the same. I do
recommend using Adobe Reader for the demo/presentation.

Hope that helps,
Peter