[scribus] Move text box to front of image, re-size image and problems with gimp

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 19:27:06 CEST 2011

On 04/06/2011 10:32 AM, Jo Britton wrote:
> I am creating a banner for an email template in Scribus, using it for
> the first time. I'm using version 1.4.0. rc2 in a mac OSX version 10.5.8.
>
> I have 3 pictures next to each other with some text at the top:
> I want to have the text box in front so that it sits over the images.
> Have tried using levels without success.
Not sure what trouble you should have with this. Try making the text box
on a new layer over the images. You can always move it to the same layer
as the images later (F6 to bring up the Layers dialog). Check the online
manual, Working with Frames for help on moving things up and down levels.
> I want to re-size the images so that they are the same size. Can I
> adjust the size of all 3 images at one time without having to do each
> separately?
No you can't do all at once, but here is a tip:
Make just one the size you want, load the image, then Item > Multiple
Duplicate, where you can make a row of 3 (2 copies), with or without a
gap. Then right-click > Get Image to replace the original image for the
2 copies.
Another hint: for the original sizing, you can enter "pagewidth/3" in
the Width spinbox to adjust the frame to being exactly one third the
width of your page.
> When I try to edit images I get the error message that gimp software is
> not installed. I have downloaded Gimp but the error message still comes up?

Go to File > Preferences > External Tools, where you can browse for your
Gimp executable.

Greg