[scribus] Image frame

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 12:40:40 UTC 2011

On 08/03/2011 08:25 AM, David Cairns wrote:
> I have been using Scribus daily for a  a couple of months now and I have a problem with some files that I have recently composed. When I reopen the files, which are advertisment pages with text and JPEGs. The text is OK buy the picture frames are blank with a red cross in them and the images do not appear. I then have to insert all the images back into the document. Please advise.

Hi Dave,

This means that Scribus cannot find your image files for some reason.
Usually, this is because users move the SLA file. The path that the SLA
uses to find images is relative to the location of the SLA file, so it
might be something like

../../pictures/mypic.jpg

One way of avoiding this is to use Collect for Output, which creates a
directory with your SLA and all of its images inside, and can even put
any necessary fonts in there too.

Greg