[scribus] Master Page - cannot add any text

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Fri Aug 19 18:28:38 UTC 2011

I have named and created a master page with two text frames.

I have created a new document, applied the master page I created and
saved the document.

The new document has the frames from the master page I created, but I
can't edit the document.

The Get Text, Edit Text menu does not appear. Instead, when I right
click over the document, because I cannot select a frame, I'm
apparently not able to get the relevant text menu items, and instead
I get a menu that begins with "Paste File" which apparently expects
that I 'want' to add some type of graphic, but these are text frames.

So, I can't select a frame and add text.

What am I not understanding about applying a master page and then
working with a new document saved with that master page?

Barry