[scribus] Landscape printing

Gustavo Homem gustavo at angulosolido.pt
Sun Dec 4 18:11:28 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "JLuc" <jluc at no-log.org>

If this is the case - that has been mentioned since 2006 IIRC but I haven't checked lately - the print button should just export a temporary PDF file and open automatically a (user defined) PDF reader.

There is no point in maintaning a feature that is supposed to be non reliable.

This situation is a bit like certain others that appear from time to time in the mailing list:

Q- "if I do actions X,Y,Z Scribus crashes, what do you think?"
A- "oh... no sane user would ever do X,Y,Z in a sequence"

IMHO it is better to have less features but have them all working, than exposing lots of possibilities part of which don't work. And given how full featured Scribus is currently making it more usable to end users should be a priority.

Just MHO.

Cheers
Gustavo

--
Angulo Sólido - Tecnologias de Informação
http://angulosolido.pt