[scribus] Scribus to replace Indesign Server?

Zac Lym zachlym at indolering.com
Thu Dec 1 02:02:28 UTC 2011

I know that this is an old topic, but I had the same question and a.l.e's
response makes this sounds like a job for Kickstarter or (at the very
least) a bounty system.  Web 2 Print software is CRAZY expensive just to
get started.

-Zach Lym
P.S. Why don't y'all sell a Pantone color plug-in to support the project?
I know there has been plenty of talk about GPL and Pantone's
copy-write/trademarks - but if you are fine if just use pipes.  Hell, color
definitions are just settings, Scribus reading a file is hardly a
derivative work of Scribus itself.  That's why a Wordpress theme's CSS
files are not GPL even though the php and html files are:
http://wordpress.org/news/2009/07/themes-are-gpl-too/

hi mr g.