[scribus] Export -> Save as image and bleeds

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Dec 7 18:49:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 16:08:10 +0100
Piotr Dziubecki <pdziubecki at o2.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have my project ready to be printed and the most convenient form of
> delivering my works is image. The printing service requires from me
> to include bleeds within those images. I know I can change the size
> of my document, but why it's not possible to include bleeds on the
> fly (when using Export->Save as image) like in the case of PDF
> export ?
>

> Regards,
> Piotr

When I lay out a book cover I include the bleeds. You can set up
bleeds the way I do, as part of the overall book size, or go to
the page layout and raise the bleed quantities as needed.

Scribus doesn't work exactly like other products. But you can add
bleeds at any time by going to the layout page.

And then you can take them out afterward.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"