[scribus] Windows 7 64-bit

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Thu Dec 8 08:49:51 UTC 2011

Am 08.12.2011 09:32, schrieb Craig Bradney:

> On 08/12/2011, at 8:44, Rolf-Werner Eilert<eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>  wrote:
>
>> Am 07.12.2011 19:50, schrieb Matt Bohart:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I was wondering if Scribus works with Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium).
>>>
>>> Just asking before I download it.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Matt
>>
>> I downloaded and installed RC6 a few weeks ago, and it ran without problems. Afterwards, however, I learned you should install Ghostscript BEFORE Scribus... Haven't deinstalled and followed this path yet, but just mention this - be warned ;-)
>>
>> Shouldn't this be mentioned on the download page?
>>

> No, because it's not at all true. Install it afterwards and update Scribus preferences with the location.
>
> Craig

Good to hear that :-) But where did I get this misleading information from?

I don't remember, happened on my laptop which I haven't here right now.

I do remember that the Scribus page pointed me to the Ghostscript page
for download and information, and I remember that it was mentioned
"install Ghostscript before Scribus" somewhere. So I stopped the process
and decided to mow the lawn instead... ;-)

Rolf