[scribus] Windows 7 64-bit

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Thu Dec 8 18:46:33 UTC 2011

> Usually the trickiest situation comes about when you install Ghostscript in a nonstandard
> location, and don't pay attention to where you installed it.

If you dont do that on purpose then it wont do that, will it?.. no

Now, you would assume, that someone installing software on their machine would take notice and take
care. Remember, its your machine, and your data - don't leak it across the net by installing stuff
you don't know anything about.

> As usual, Windows just does stuff, succeeds or fails, and if it fails is not typically helpful.

No, it doesn't just do stuff.. usually. I think you are putting this way out of proportion.

Install gs in the default location, then Scribus, or Scribus then gs and update the Scribus preferences.

Craig