[scribus] Warning: PDF included

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Dec 22 10:02:27 UTC 2011

> Why does Scribus warn in the pre-print check that a PDF is included?
> Is
> there anything wrong in including a PDF?
>
> I use this rather frequently for the small monthly for our church, and
> it has never failed. It only takes its time to render on the printer's
> RIP, more than pure images would.
>
> Now (for the book I'm currently working on) I've converted a pdf to a
> jpg (mainly because the pdf wouldn't work), but if I could include the
> pdf instead, I could be sure it prints well.
>
> So, why does Scribus warn? Are there any glitches?

If you use Scribus-1.5, the range of export options are

PDF 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, X-1a, X-3, X-4 and Postscript

You get different warnings and errors for each export option.

My guess is that the warnings are a nice advisory, and maybe in the
far distant future, there will be an option not to show warnings.

Would you like to have, or not like to have, a low fuel warning for
your car? I think that is a general philosophical question for which
there may or not be an answer.

 --
Owen