[scribus] Scribus can't Find Gimp

bobparham at comcast.net bobparham at comcast.net
Fri Dec 23 03:34:28 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 2:38 PM, Henry Hartley wrote:
> bobparham at comcast.net wrote:
>>> I downloaded Gimp _after_ downloading Scribus and have been
>>> unable to get Scribus to find Gimp. I went into Scribus
>>> (vs 1.4.0rc6) clicked File>Preferences>External Tools>Image
>>> Processing Tool and Typed in c:\Users\Bob P\.Gimp-2.6. I
>>> then clicked OK and Apply. I right clicked a photo in a
>>> Scribus document and Edit Image. I got a window telling me
>>> that Gimp is missing. I have Windows 7 64bit OS. Can anyone
>>> tell me what I am doing wrong?
> Chances are c:\Users\Bob P\.Gimp-2.6 is not where GIMP is installed. That's your personal gimp folder. What you probably want is C:\Program Files (x86)\gimp-2.6\bin\. Look for the folder with gimp-2.6.exe in it. That's the directory that Scribus needs to know about.

The Gimp 2.0 is found on my computer under Program Files(X86) and I
would think this would be where I would need to steer Scribus. This
Folder is 108 MB. From this I would conclude that I would use c:\Program
Files(X86). With this I still get the pop up window that Scribus says it
is missing. I add \bin to it and get the same results.

When I double click the icon for gimp on the desktop it opens so I know
I have the program. I have even tried a file in 1.4.0rc2 and the results
are the same. I'm about ready to throw up my hands. Any other suggestions?

Bob P
--

*Bob Parham*

*People may forget what you did and people may forget what you said but
people will never forget how you made them feel.**

*

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")