[scribus] Download manual.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Dec 23 18:04:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:28:13 +1100
Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:31:12 -0500
> john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
>
> > Need a local manual for Scribus 1.4.0 and/or 1.5.0. Is there a
> > single file (zip, tarball etc.) I can download somewhere? The
> > online manual is jazzy but I prefer a local copy.
> >

> Have a look in share/doc/scribus/en where you will find all the html
> files for the manual.
>
> Maybe there is a tex tool that will convert that to a manual for you?
>
> If not there may well be a docbook tool to do it.
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain Hosting
>               http://www.doteasy.com

I found the html docs in
/usr/local/src/s150/doc/
(The directory where I compile scribus 1.5.0)
I moved them to /usr/share/docs/scribus/en

 I still get the following message when I click on Help->manual:
-------------------------------------
Sorry, no manual is installed!
Please see:
http://docs.scribus.net for updated documentation
http://www.scribus.net for downloads

So how do I:
1. Get the local manual
2. Cause the Help->Scribus Manual feature to work!

Thanks in advance,

--
John Culleton